How Many Miles Do Tires Last?
Most new tires from the original equipment manufacturer (OEM) and top-quality replacement tires can last about 50,000 miles. If you’re wondering how many miles should tires last, we have your answer! Get all of the details in this handy guide from the service experts at Scott Evans Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram, your trusted Carrollton Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram dealership.
What Factors Affect the Tires Life Expectancy?
The questions “how many miles do tires last” and “how many miles should tires last” can have different answers, depending on these factors?
- Type of tire: Even though high-performance tires have extra grip, they can wear faster than all-season tires that have less rolling resistance.
- Treadwear rating: Your tires include a treadwear rating that rates the tire treads’ life expectancy.
- Drivetrain: Tires wear differently on front-wheel drive, rear-wheel drive, and all-wheel drive vehicles due to where the main power for forward motion comes from.
- Road conditions: If you regularly have to drive on gravel or dirt roads, or there’s construction, snow, salt, rain, and ice, your tires will take more of a beating. If you will use your vehicle for off-roading, this will also make a significant difference.
- Terrain: If your area has lots of incline roads, more friction on the tires is required to start and stop the car than on flat surfaces.
- Driving habits: Having a lead foot on the gas and brakes can also wear out your tires much faster than accelerating gradually and letting the coasting do some of the braking work.
Additional Tire Care Tips For Long-Lasting Tires
In addition to having more cautious driving habits, there are several things that Douglas County-area car owners can do to extend the life of their tires:
- Inspect for proper air pressure when you fill your gas tank. Many gas stations have tire inflation stations.
- Regularly inspect tire tread depth for tire tread wear.
- Rotate your tires for more even distribution of tire wear.
- Take your vehicle in for regularly scheduled maintenance.
Get Proper Tire Care at Scott Evans Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram
The experienced service technicians at Scott Evans Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram can answer any additional questions about tire care, as well as provide car care tips like how to clean car floor mats, what does an alternator do, how often should you change your oil, and more. When it’s time to purchase new tires in Villa Rica, be sure to check out our parts and service coupons to get a great deal!
Learn More at Scott Evans Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram